Destiny Has No Secrets

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Destiny Has No Secrets

Postby Ace » Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 am

The village of Oni Mura is deserted.
For anyone who knows peasant tales of the southern Crane lands, this is not a surprising circumstance. The village is at the centre of a legend involving oni attacks. Peasants have refused to live in the village for as long as anyone can remember.
The small harbour shelters the occasional boat or fisherman from the weather, but no one dares spend a night on shore in this village.

The valuable rice fields surrounding the village are still tended regularly in season - but not for much longer.
The Crab armies have overrun Shinden Asahina, and any day their banners may appear on the southern horizon. For now though, the region is silent.
Samurai and heimin alike have finally completely abandoned this place.

The buildings of the village are mostly not intact. The Inn is dilapidated and abandoned long ago. But the former headman's home has been maintained as a primary shelter, isolated from the main village by a little path along the cliff top. This separation might have been just enough to overcome the superstition surrounding the rest of the village, a compromise when bad weather threatened a more immediate fate than tales of evil from the past.

The building has been used as a rice store more often than a residence, but it makes a reasonable place to stay for a few nights. a well in the little garden provides clean water. There is a small amount of rice and tea and a few other foodstuffs stocked in the house - curiously these are carefully laid out for use, not concealed from thieves. But there are no other signs of a regular occupant.

This is the place that Asahina Dorai marked out for those who would follow him. A contact would appear, he assured you, but only when it was safe.

The question is - how long will you wait?

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Re: Destiny Has No Secrets

Postby Ace » Mon May 16, 2016 4:12 am

[OCC: Traveling to Oni Mura from Shinden Asahina.]

[Crane Lands - those who evacuated from Shinden Asahina by boat eventually landed in northern Crane lands. It is not difficult to get a boat to carry you back south again - but it may cost a few koku. Convincing a fisherman to stay in the harbour and wait for you is a lot more expensive. They will risk their lives for a quick journey, but with the Crab army pushing north they know not to push their luck...]

[Scorpion lands - those who arrived unexpectedly in the Scorpion castle can make their way overland to the Crane coastline. The Crab forces have mostly pulled out of Scorpion territories, regrouping to assault the Crane instead. A small group can travel unobstructed across Scorpion, Crane and minor Clan lands to slip into the village. However, any day the approach by land may be cut off by the Crab, so escape back this way may prove more dangerous.]

mirror
goblin
goblin

Postby mirror » Tue May 17, 2016 5:59 am

test. - dragon shugenja, waiting patiently after swimming ashore.

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Postby Azrael » Tue May 17, 2016 6:16 am

Doji Tenkawa enters the room, looking around warily. He is accompanied by Kitsuki Ryouichi.

"This is the place. And now we wait...."

Tenkawa takes a seat.

"Hopefully the others will be able to make it."
L5R Chimera: Doji Tenkawa.

Pironious
goblin
goblin

Postby Pironious » Tue May 17, 2016 8:50 am

Kitsuki Ryouichi gives a nod as he wordlessly takes his seat, his shrewd eyes giving the room a quick once-over for any details of importance, more out of habit than anything else.
L5R - Kitsuki Ryouichi
Dantir - Stitches the tailor

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Fri May 20, 2016 6:33 am

Time passes, a day and a night, but the three samurai remain the only people in the lonely village.

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Tue May 24, 2016 1:48 am

Another day passes, in silence...

Danceofmasks
goblin
goblin

Postby Danceofmasks » Tue May 24, 2016 2:45 am

Ajisukitaka walks into Oni Mura, having walked a long distance from Scorpion lands.

Glancing about in obvious irritation, I mutter to myself.

Here? Seriously?
That loon Dorai had best be on the level.
Oh, who's kidding whom? Half of this fool mission is going to be full of lies.

What's more, this place is a mess.
I wonder if anyone cared to look - if there are any signs of the buildings having been in use?
Not that it matters, that "scorpion" will "enlighten" us, I'm sure.
There are people who are amazing at ballet.
There are people who are amazing at tap.
There are people who are good at ballet and tap.
Your ankles know what I mean.

Tree frog
Dryad

Postby Tree frog » Tue May 24, 2016 6:30 am

Naoko moves up to stand next to Ajisukitaka, also having made the trip from Scorpion lands.
"The only way to find out would be to look, dont you think." she says not so loudly and starts to head towards the largest building she can see.
Where kindness fails money usually succeeds

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Tue May 24, 2016 7:15 am

Inspection of the buildings in town assures you that the headmans home is the only one in use for a long time.

The headmans home has been repaired and cleaned regularly. Simple dry food of rice, tea and some dried items are neatly presented. Since rats or other animals have not gotten to them yet, someone must have been here not more than a day or so before.

Of course, there are three samurai who have been here longer than the two new arrivals. Perhaps one of them is responsible for bringing the food here.

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Wed May 25, 2016 5:37 am

After dark falls, a silent figure approaches the house.

It does not respond to any challenge and approaches unafraid until it stands in the light of the headmans house.

The figure is a male, dressed in black, with a simple mask on his face. The mask and clothes remind you of the Scorpion style, but the clothing is more practical then refined and you don't think they were made with samurai in mind.

"Is this all of you? Dorai-san said he would send help. Are you all there is?"

Tree frog
Dryad

Postby Tree frog » Wed May 25, 2016 8:28 am

Naoko moves to stand between Dodji Tenkawa and the door
"State your business Scorpionsan or be on your way?"
her hand strays to her Katana resting lightly on it

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Wed May 25, 2016 12:36 pm

As Naoko moves into a defensive stance, the man spreads his hands palm up.  He is armed with a katana but makes no move to draw it. 

"I have no interest in dancing around with smalltalk and mistrust, samurai. 

You are here for a purpose.  Samurai would not wait alone in this place for two days and nights without purpose.  Therefore you must be the allies I am expecting. I will give you my trust.

If that is not enough for you, I will leave.   And the trust that Dorai placed in you and in me will be for nothing."

He nods toward the food.

"Besides, if I wanted you dead, you would already be so."

Tree frog
Dryad

Postby Tree frog » Thu May 26, 2016 1:41 am

Naoko relaxes out her defensive stance and nods to the stranger.
"Please accept my apologies Scorpionsama, but I had to be sure, many strange things have been happening in the Empire lately and such have many of us on edge."
"So please enlighten us to what we do next."

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Thu May 26, 2016 1:52 am

The man passes by Naoko, Tenkawa and Ajisukitakahikone, seating himself inside comfortably.
He peers openly at each samurai in turn, clearly judging them. In a normal situation, this may be considered quite rude.
His gaze lingers longest on Ajisukitakahikone.

"Dragon and Crane samurai. Not surprising Dorai chose you as his allies. You could be expected to trust a Crane lord. But you should know by now his views did not actually run on traditional clan lines."

"It would be best if you tell me what Dorai has already told you. Then I will tell you what is to be done."

"After that, you will sleep and we will depart in the morning."

Return to “In Character L5R Chat”