Embroidered mons

Merinnan
goblin
goblin

Embroidered mons

Postby Merinnan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 am

Having unsuccessfully hunted around for clan mon patches/appliques/etc. for costuming, I'm going try my hand at creating a custom cross-stitch pattern for the Crab mon and making my own. While I'm at it, would anyone like me to try the same for any of their mons? I've previously had reasonable success with making and stitching custom patterns for Hunter: the Reckoning symbols and WoW faction logos.
L5R Chimera: Hiruma Kazeko

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Re: Embroidered mons

Postby Ace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:33 am

Megan has had good success at making Clan and other mons for us in the past. I understand its not easy to do - but looks great if you can do it! Good luck with it.
Megan is overseas right now, otherwise I am sure she would be glad to help. Unfortunately she does not return until just before the event in Dec.
If you need the mon graphics, I have almost all Clan and family mons available on the net.

Merinnan
goblin
goblin

Postby Merinnan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks! The trickiest bit of making custom cross-stitches is really just getting the pattern right, but the mons are fairly straight-forward, so I'm hopeful that they won't take too much work to get into a decent pattern. From there, it's just a matter of the time it takes to stitch them.

I've got a 200 x 200 image of the Crab mon. If you have graphics of different sizes, I will happily grab them from you so I can see which size translates best into a pattern. And also graphics mons for anyone else who'd like a cross-stitched one, as I only have the Crab one right now.

Derah
goblin
goblin

Postby Derah » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:15 am

hey i'm planing of making mons for myself, how are yours going?
any advice as far as getting them started?
Chimera Production: Legends of five Rings: Hiruma Hiko

Merinnan
goblin
goblin

Postby Merinnan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

It depends how you're planning to do them. I started by gathering up several different images, and picking the one with the best balance between look and simplicity, as I'm cross-stitching it. Getting started on the stitching was delayed until my haori arrived, as I'm intending on stitching directly on the haori rather than stitching onto the aida and then sewing it onto the haori. Now that I have everything, I'll be getting started on the stitching during my Christmas break.

Return to “Out of Character L5R Chat”