Entering the City of Lights

User avatar
Samari
goblin
goblin
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:15 am

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby Samari » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:30 am

"I always welcome advice from Halb. I believe this is an excellent idea Khajit." Seranis agreed, nodding and looking to the others before shrugging and moving towards the tea house, not leaving much time to debate on the matter. Maybe she was just thirsty?

User avatar
Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby Ace » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:10 am

The In Good Company tea house is nearby, and has a fine reputation for serving refreshments of many lands - at a price reasonable for Caeattan, although for more than you would pay in the lands of origin of the various teas and drinks.

In Good Company is always busy, and therefore a bit noisy. But tables turn over quickly and it is not a wait before the server can show the new guests to a table.

User avatar
Vixxy
goblin
goblin
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:13 am

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby Vixxy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:36 am

Following Seranis, Rea shifted uneasily as they waited for a table. The tension refused to leave her; she wanted to act, despite her claims of needing to discuss things. She wanted to give Jenny's idea more consideration; it was interesting, and might well keep different nations from being at one another's throats. Unfortunately. there was also the message they had intercepted, and Salindale, and she was desperate to return to the lands of House Hesse. Duke Hesse needed to be alerted to the trouble, and why it wasn't going to stop. Perhaps then, he would act more effectively.

She placed an order for a drink - a herbal brew she had always favoured, originating in Toraneya. She then looked around the table they were seated at, and sighed. "I wanted to keep talking, but... The message still concerns me. Duke Hesse needs to know that these raids are not random, but rather targeted. That someone is watching the movement of the troops, and giving that knowledge to the Cabalit." She glanced toward Khajit.

"However, that pray you mentioned probably requires the original letter. I'm going to copy this, and take the copy to Duke Hesse. I'll leave the original with you, Khajit. I'm sure the Priests will be inclined to help you," she smiled, then looked at the others. "I say we investigate what we can, and meet back here in a week. That is, assuming the rest of you wish to do better for Salindale than we have managed so far? Either way, I am going to take a copy of the message to the Duke, and see that these raiders are taken seriously."

There were other paths that could be taken, she knew, but getting Duke Hesse to acknowledge the trouble was her first stop. Well, perhaps her second. She was going to make sure someone in the family knew where she was gallivanting off to. The others might pursue the missing messenger, or join Khajit in seeking out the priesthood, or even choose to leave the group and return to their own ventures. It did not matter - Rea's plans were set.

User avatar
Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby Ace » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:46 am

Seeing a lull in the conversation, a server hovers by the table, looking to refresh drinks and take new orders.

fireward
goblin
goblin
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby fireward » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:12 am

khajit carefully accepts the original letter and stores in in the folds of his robes. turning to the waitstaff, "khajit shall have a snow dew tea please! and .... mmmmmm! if you have it, Skooma!"

khajit looks to his party after the orders are placed and the waitstaff leaves the vicinity... "khajit not sure how to put this, but khajit quite sure that guild will ask how we obtained letter... perhaps Rea come with Khajit? explain better?"

User avatar
Samari
goblin
goblin
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:15 am

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby Samari » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:35 am

Seranis glanced at Rea, then looked at Khajit before clearing her throat and waving the server off. Her purse was rather dismally empty after all of their adventuring. "I'm rather surprised you think this Duke is going to listen to you. Nobility in these lands I am told are not precisely...proactive." The brightly dressed sauger sighed softly.

"However, if you believe you would stand a chance... then by all means take it. I can accompany Khajit to the temple and speak to the priests if it would help our purpose. It would be nice to do something productive."

User avatar
Vixxy
goblin
goblin
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:13 am

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby Vixxy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:58 am

Rea frowned and chewed her lip at Khajit's suggestion. She didn't necessarily want the sauger to go on his own, but someone needed to do this, and... Her thoughts tried to tangle themselves into a knot as she contemplated what to do. Seranis saved her from making a difficult decision, though her response made the young woman blush. Right. Why indeed would the Duke listen to her?

"Maybe not to me," she admitted. "He might not take me seriously. But I know people who he will listen to, and am friendly with some of them. You meet interesting people when travelling as a bard." She looked down to the copy within her hands. "I have to try," she offered softly.

"Khajit is right, having someone who can explain the situation accompanying him is wise. Thank you for offering to do so, Seranis. Shall we all meet here again in a week to update one another on our progress, say, two hours after the midday meal?"

fireward
goblin
goblin
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby fireward » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:18 am

Khajit nodded and finished up his tea. he then gestured to what looked to be a tasty treat on the small plate delivered to him. it was white and fluffy and smelt slightly sweet and was the size of a large duck egg.

khajit broke the treat into pieces and offered a piece to each of his travelling companions. "it skooma. very tasty!"

the local treat from his homeland always brightened his day. khajit smiled.

"khajit ready to go when you are. best go soon. longer we wait, colder trail becomes."

User avatar
Vixxy
goblin
goblin
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:13 am

Re: Entering the City of Lights

Postby Vixxy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:28 am

Finishing up with her own drink, Rea politely waved off the offered sweet. She had tried it once before, and found skooma disagreed with her. "I'll be on my way then," she told the group, slipping the copied note into her bag. She tried to smile at those around the table, but the expression was forced.

"Good luck to us all." With that, she left the Tea House, disappearing into the city crowds.


Return to “In Character Dantir Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest