Advice please

broken_down_vixen
goblin
goblin

Advice please

Postby broken_down_vixen » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:09 am

Hi All,

My brother has always been interested in getting involved LARP games but doesn't really know how to get involved and I want to help him.
I am just wondering what is the best way to help him get started and what sort of items he will need etc?

Also, are there any age restrictions? I thought it was 16 years and older but I am not too sure.

Any help is much appreciated
Thank you

Louise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advice please

Postby Louise » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:24 am

Subject: Advice please

broken_down_vixen wrote:Hi All,

My brother has always been interested in getting involved LARP games but doesn't really know how to get involved and I want to help him.
I am just wondering what is the best way to help him get started and what sort of items he will need etc?

Also, are there any age restrictions? I thought it was 16 years and older but I am not too sure.

Any help is much appreciated
Thank you

Hi BDV (mind if I call you that?)

Allow me to quote our FAQ page:

Most of our events contain mature themes. Before you sign up for a game, please check with an organiser to see if an event is kid-friendly.

Children aged 15-18 (youths) may participate as PCs or NPCs only with the express written permission of their parent/guardian. Children aged 14 and under may attend events only if accompanied by a parent/guardian. Children aged 14 and under may participate as NPCs only.

Youths must be at least 16 years old to participate in combat.

What do you need to started? We would recommend you come along as an NPC (Non-player character) for your first game. In that event, costume and weapons would be provided to you at no extra cost (for the duration of the event). It is a great way to "dip your toes" into LARPing.

Thanks for reaching out to us, and please let us know if you have any further questions. :)

Return to “General LARP Discussion”