Winter Court - Shiro sano Kakita - Private Tea Rooms

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Winter Court - Shiro sano Kakita - Private Tea Rooms

Postby Ace » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:06 am

The home of the Kakita contains many secret splendours, and the tea rooms are one of them.
Rather then a separate building, the tea room complex is an extension of the main castle structure, reaching out into the gardens around it.
The rooms are concealed from view of most of the rest of the castle by the elegence of the gardens, and this also allows the tea rooms to be isolated from the bustle of everyday life. The rooms provide a shelter from the winter cold and from the activity of the Emperor's court, allowing a place for quiet but comfortable contemplation or conversation. Each tea room has one or two screen walls that open onto a veranda and provide a superb view of the silent white gardens. Servants provide refreshments as desired - whether a formal and silent tea ceremony or more relaxed refreshment.

Kingdom
goblin
goblin

Re: Winter Court - Shiro sano Kakita - Private Tea Rooms

Postby Kingdom » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:51 am

After finding a tea house with a good view of the gardens and Shiro sano Kakita. The Soshi sit down and start to enjoy the tea provided leaving the open door open so guests know they can arrive.
What has been seen can not be unseen.

Storyteller
Night Dragon

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:39 am

An obviously freshly bathed Akodo Kotaro walks into the tea house and looks around. His gaze strays over the view into the garden and he pauses for a moment.

He exchanges a few quiet words with a servant, enquiring about flavours and types of teas available before approaching the open door.

He pauses outside it with a bow.

"Scorpion-san, would you like some company?"
-----

Brad wrote:Assume Story knows nothing.

Kingdom
goblin
goblin

Postby Kingdom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 pm

After checking that the room was set to informal setting. The Soshi bow to his guest.

“Lion-san I would like some company to share this tea with. Please come in. I believe we met in parsing at Otosan Uchi, but we did not properly introduce ourselves yet. I am Soshi Meiku.”

Storyteller
Night Dragon

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 pm

With another small bow, "I am Akodo Kotaro".

After sitting the Lion looks at the tea without moving.

"So, Soshi-san, how was your time travelling here from Otosan Uchi? Did you manage to arrive before the snow began?"
-----

Kingdom
goblin
goblin

Postby Kingdom » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:00 am

Of coarse not Akodo-san. I did not travel to here direct from Otosan Uchi. I was able to pass thought Tsuma to organize some accommodation for my clan before going to my homelands to organize a gift for the emperor. The travel from there to here was a bit cold.

Did you choose to come here a by a more direct root Akodo-san.

Storyteller
Night Dragon

Postby Storyteller » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 am

"No, much like you I diverted to my homelands, as well."

The Akodo pauses, as if waiting for something.
-----

Kingdom
goblin
goblin

Postby Kingdom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Checking that the tea has infused properly. The scorpion pours two cups of tea, places one in front of the lion. Then does the expected breach of etiquette due to his clan and take the cup of tea under his mask and takes a sip of the tea.

“So Akodo-san, why are you here.”

Storyteller
Night Dragon

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:49 am

Nodding in thanks, the Lion takes the teacup, raises it up and inhales. With a small sigh, he sips twice and returns it to the table.
-----

Kingdom
goblin
goblin

Postby Kingdom » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 am

“I myself, officially here under the invitation of the emperor to attend the emperor court within Shiro san Kakita, to give the emperor a gift for his hospitality” The scorpion gesture a wave with his hand that suggest informal orders “In addition, I am to listen to the court while I am here. To work out the machinations, the loyalties and the hidden strings of its members. Also to know names, faces to names I know and…” The scorpion touches his mask “…for other to know my name & face.

So Akodo-san, why are you here in Shiro san Kakita.”

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 am

There is a brief knocking on the floor outside the open door of the tea room.
"Samurai, may I join you? The wind is growing colder outside, and the fragrance of your tea is very inviting."

Without waiting for a reply, the newcomer boldy moves into the room.
The figure is hooded in black, and obviously well dressed for the winter conditions - so much so that it is hard to believe the winter cold would be any bother. It is hard to tell if the newcomer is still dressed in travelling clothes, or is just very practical about appearance.

"I am Kuni Osaku. I am fotunate to have been nominated to observe the Topaz Championship on behalf of Hida Kisada, and thus pass this winter here in Shiro sano Kakita. If you would permit me to be so bold, you both appear to be youthful samurai. Are you to be participants in the Tournament?"

While he speaks the Crab has already seated himself and poured tea.

Storyteller
Night Dragon

Postby Storyteller » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:04 am

"This one is honoured to meet you, Kuni-sama." the Lion answers with a bow, "I am Akodo Kotaro."

"I had intended on taking part in the Championship, but I have just now received a letter from my family recalling me to my village, so unfortunately I will not be attending."

He pauses to give the Scorpion a chance to also reply.
-----

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:33 am

"How disappointing, Akodo-san! A young bushi like you would have made a fine performace, no doubt. Perhaps even given my young Crab contenders a worthy challenge."
The Kuni looks to the young Scorpion. "And you, Scorpion-san?"

Kingdom
goblin
goblin

Postby Kingdom » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:36 pm

“Kuin-san I passed my gempukku last spring” the scorpion says while finishing preparing the cup of tea for the new guest. “Hence like you I am attending to observe” placing the tea in front of the Kuni. “After a journey from the crab lands, a hot cup a tea is a warm reward.”

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 am

"It is certainly welcome when the tea is both hot and shared in good company. Thank you, Scorpion-san."
Osaku sips the tea more gently this time.

"Well, if neither of yourselves are to be challenging in the tournament, I suppose your clans have sent others? I will be a poor competition if the Crane outnumber everyone else again, as they so often do." Osaku says with a wry smile.

Return to “Winter Court - Shiro sano Kakita”