Winter Court 1120 - Shiro sano Kakita – Great Hall

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Re: Winter Court 1120 - Shiro sano Kakita – Great Hall

Postby Guile » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Akodo Kage allows a wry smile to touch his lips.

'Perhaps you should have been a courtier, Chigo-san! Your eloquent words put us all to shame. Perhaps you should be advocating the use of these sorcerous arts to the Emperor himself, if your conviction does not fail you at the last moment.'
The samurai’s only measure of worth is his honour.

Mayhem
Prince of the Rom
Location: From the village by the river and the big hill with the tree at the top.

Postby Mayhem » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 am

"I..." Chigo breaks off for a few heartbeats before replying to the Akogo, his gaze unfocused and distant. The passive smile returns to his face as he seems to wrap his mind around a response. "I do, wise master, strive to obtain some mastery over the Air Kami, if that is what you mean. It is perhaps this connection which you see in my words, though they are beneath your worthy praise. They are less as cut and finished gems than as gems in the rough - pleasing to look upon, yet unpolished and ungraceful to the discerning eye."
Love, Create, Defy.

Zeppelin: Organiser
PG: Erienn Ravanna, Fordrim Oathhome
BIF: Jean-Louise-Yannick Latantrec de Quenelles, Brensk
Stargate: Dmitri Vosopov (Heavy Weapon Guy), Wallace Whitman
Legend of the Five Rings: Asako Chigo

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:43 am

'Perhaps... Though this takes us off the topic at hand.'

Turning to face the rest of the hall,

'Are there any here against such a proposition? Or any further for it?'

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:23 am

A slightly older man, dressed in simple colours of the Phoenix theme, moves from the back of the hall and makes his way toward Akodo Kage and Kakita Toshimoko. In his hands he still carries a nice looking straw hat.
He stops nearby as though to join the conversation. Rather then introduce himself, he simply nods gaily to the two older sensei, smiling all the time. He also throws an expectant look around the hall, as though he had been there all along and it had been himself and not Kage who had just asked a question.

Mayhem
Prince of the Rom
Location: From the village by the river and the big hill with the tree at the top.

Postby Mayhem » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 am

Chigo acknowledges the newcomer with a stiff, respectful bow from the waist. The corners of his eyes crinkle in quiet mirth as he does.

"Sir, if I may be so bold, your hat looks to be of quite fine make."
Love, Create, Defy.

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 am

The man looks at his hat and laughs,

'I had the hat made in Kyuden Gotei when last I was there! While it may not be as asthetic as those made by the Crane or Scorpion it certainly keeps the water off!'

He turns to the two sensei, 'It seems that everyone is intimidated to speak in your presence, honourable sensei! However I would love to see my fellow shugenja participate in the tournament!'

He glances to the younger Phoenix samurai, 'Don't you agree, Chigo-san?'

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Postby Azrael » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:41 am

A look of confusion passes over Toshimoko's face for a second before he recognizes the man, and a big grin adorns Toshimoko's face.

"The 2v2 skirmish isn't the only event in which shugenja might participate, Tomo-sama... Though that was the particular issue in discussion. Theology is to be one of the events as well. And shugenja, like all good samurai, should also have a firm understanding of our laws, and the code of bushido...."

Toshimoko looks thoughtful for the moment.
L5R Chimera: Doji Tenkawa.

Mayhem
Prince of the Rom

Postby Mayhem » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Chigo spends a count of ten seconds silently looking in Toshimoko's direction, as if still listening to him speak. Then he turns about to reply to Isawa Tomo: "I indeed look forward to observing my fellow Shugenja take part in the Topaz Championship, wise master. The art of the blade is a wonderful thing to behold, but my fascination has always been better held by the interplay of man and spirit than by that of man and steel."
Love, Create, Defy.

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 am

Looking between Toshimoko and Chigo, Tomo begins to ponder aloud.

'In battle, we rely on our Shugenja to fight alongside us. So I don't see the harm in letting them cast their spells. We will have healing shugenja on site? I mean I will be there and I wouldn't mind helping out how I can!'

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Postby Azrael » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:22 am

"Thank you very much for your offer, Tomo-sama..... It just so happens, that I was actually in need of another judge for some of the events... It would certainly be our pleasure to have you assist with this."

Toshimoko turns to Akodo Kage.

"Similarly, Kage-sama... I would be honoured if you would participate as a judge as well."

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:30 am

Akodo Kage looks at Toshimoko silently for a moment, perhaps surprised, though his face does not show it.
"Judge the Topaz Championship - why Toshimoko-san, I would be honoured. It is not often that a Lion sensei is invited into the home of the Kakita, and rarer still to be asked to serve the Crane in this manner. You truly are embracing the Emperor's new way of peace. I am certainly glad to contribute in this small way to the Topaz Championship, on behalf of the Lion Clan. I am sure that Akodo Toturi himself will be pleased too."

The Lion sensei bows slightly to Toshimoko, in a gesture of formal acceptance.

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:37 am

The Phoenix Elemental Master of Water, Isawa Tomo, does not have the poise of the revered Lion sensei or Crane sensei.
Tomo is obviously not used to being asked to do things, or at least, not like this.
He looks between the two other men, mouth slightly open. Then, trying to be surreptitious, he looks around, as though expecting the question to have been directed to someone else. Seeing no Master of Fire, or his brother Master of Earth to take the place (as Tomo is used to them doing), he finally realises Toshimoko really did mean himself.

"Um, yes, you mean you would like me to judge? Really? Oh, uh, of course, Toshimoko-san. I'd be honoured too!" Tomo's face breaks into a large smile again.
Then, apparently just realising what he has just agreed to, his face falls again.
"Um, but just a moment - I don't know much about duelling or, or ... that is, what is it I have to do?"

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:18 am

Toshimoko looks to Akodo Kage and returns the bow.

"Toturi-sama spoke rather highly of you during his time here, Kage-san. Plus, seeing as Go is one of the events, I couldn't think of a better judge than you."

The grey crane turns to Isawa Tomo.

"Tomo-san, you need not worry. I wouldn't have you judge an event that you knew nothing about. Rather, I would have you preside over events that come within your expertise. One of these events is that of Theology, and in that matter, I am certain that your knowledge surpasses my own."

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:58 am

Kage smiles at Toshimoko's complement of his Go skills, but says nothing more.

Tomo is obviously relieved by Toshimoko's assurance.
"Oh, theology, yes I suppose I am good at that. I'll do my best..."

He looks around again. "Say, what about spellcasting, we were talking about it earlier - is there any spellcasting allowed at all?"

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:12 am

"Well, Tomo-san. You and Chigo-san here have made good points earlier... And I think the Emperor would certainly find a skirmish involving the power of the Kami to be a lot more interesting than the standard fare. I think I shall recommend that magic be included in the skirmish event."

Return to “Winter Court - Shiro sano Kakita”