Winter Court 1120 - Shiro sano Kakita – Great Hall

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Winter Court 1120 - Shiro sano Kakita – Great Hall

Postby Ace » Sat May 26, 2012 6:35 am

The Great Hall in Shiro sano Kakita is neither as opulent as the Doji palace, or as serene as the Asahina castle. The structure of the Great Hall, as for the rest of the Kakita ancestral home, represents the Kakita drive for perfection. The austerity of the bushi and the elegance of the artisan are both equally represented, found in simple harmony in serene but beautiful decoration throughout the structure.

The beauty of the Hall is somewhat compromised by the crowd which now occupies it. Although the samurai present are all well versed in the court etiquette, so many voices from so many clans simply cannot come together in perfect harmony. Still, conversation is good-mannered, and presentations before the dais follow the proper rituals. Voices echo into the depths of the hall, and sometimes it seems almost as if the hall itself is looking back onto the commotion below with the quiet smile of a forgiving parent.

At the head of the hall, upon the raised dais, are seated the hosts and guests of honour. Kakita Yoshi performs the duties of host, welcoming each visitor to the ancestral home of the Kakita. With him is seated Kakita Toshimoko, the master of the Kakita Duelling Academy, and Doji Hoturi, the Crane Clan Champion. These three men are carefully positioned so that no one of them is acknowledged above the other. But their place is still to one side, for the place of honour is taken by the Emperor himself.

The Emperor is seated in the centre of the dais, receiving the long speeches and expensive gifts offered by each new visitor and supplicant. As always, Doji Satsume, the Emerald Champion, rests at the Emperor’s side. Satsume seems very relaxed, almost enjoying the proceedings. The Emperor, by contrast, is clearly finding the time far less amusing. His overall demeanour is glum, and he motions each new visitor forward with a tired wave. During the long winded speeches of each courtier he is sometimes fidgeting and bored, sometimes sighing and staring off into the depths of the roof of the hall. But as each speech concludes, he graciously draws his attention back long enough to give the samurai his thanks and welcome to the winter court. As each samurai concludes their presentation, they move back to a seat within the hall, among their peers, and quiet conversation resumes among the crowd.

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Re: Winter Court 1120 - Shiro sano Kakita – Great Hall

Postby Azrael » Sun May 27, 2012 4:22 am

Doji Tenkawa awaits his turn to present himself before the Emperor, taking careful breaths in anticipation of this honour.

When the time comes and he is motioned to by the Emperor, he makes his way before the dais, and bows deeply.

“Otenno-sama, it is an honour to once again be within your presence.”
L5R Chimera: Doji Tenkawa.

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Sun May 27, 2012 4:37 am

The Emperor looks up bored, expecting another introduction, when he sees one of the young samurai that he invited to Winter Court.

Enthusiasm and delight appear on his face as he realises to whom he is speaking.

'Welcome! Welcome... Doji Tenkawa was it? It is excellent to see you here! I was wondering if my invitations had been recieved. Regardless, welcome to the Winter Court! I hope that you enjoy your time here.'
The samurai’s only measure of worth is his honour.

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Postby Azrael » Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 am

“My lord, you honour me by recalling your servant’s name even though I was only blessed to be in your presence but once. “

Doji Tenkawa straightens to continue.

“I was most pleasantly surprised to receive the invitation, but glad of the opportunity to present the gift I had prepared for you personally, rather than through an intermediary.”

Doji Tenkawa waits a moment before continuing.

“I had given much thought to what you had said at our previous meeting, and sought ways to express it. It is such thoughts that led me make enquiries far and wide for the materials required to create this gift for you.”

Doji Tenkawa bows again.

“I hope you pardon the inconvenience, my lord, but the gift is not easily moved, and is within the gardens, for viewing at your leisure.”
L5R Chimera: Doji Tenkawa.

Wilky
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Wilky » Sun May 27, 2012 6:07 am

Doji Satsume bows slightly to Doji Tenkawa.

"It is good to see that proper etiquette has not been lost on the young. Tenkawa-san your actions do your clan and yourself great honour."

Satsume turns to the Emperor.

“Jodan-sama you have been seated for quite a time, I believe this is the perfect opportunity for us to take a stroll to invigorate the spirit.”

“Yoshi-san,” Satsume pauses as he gets Kakita Yoshi’s attention.

“The Emperor is going to the gardens to view Doji Tenkawa’s most gracious gift. Have some of the court shugenja attend us, this winter’s chill is keener than a Kakita blade.”

WIth this the Emperor and the Emerald Champion, along with most of the court in attendance, make their way into the Garden.
Knowledge constrained by morality is ignorance. Seek your truths, however unpleasant.

Storyteller
Night Dragon

Postby Storyteller » Sun May 27, 2012 10:32 am

Akodo Kotaro enters the court and seeing the empty dais, he allows an almost-imperceptible exhale to pass his lips.

Silently, the lion takes seiza, patiently awaiting the return of the dignitaries.
-----

Brad wrote:Assume Story knows nothing.

LisaJane
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby LisaJane » Sun May 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Matsu Tama strides into the court, straight-backed, head held high as she wore her best impression of Matsu Tsuko's confidence.

She sees the empty dais and a visible wave of relief passes over her face as her shoulders fall to a more relaxed position.

She takes a seat next to Akodo Kotaro and joins him in waiting.
Zeppelin Organiser

Bayushi-Karetsu
goblin
goblin

Postby Bayushi-Karetsu » Mon May 28, 2012 3:26 am

Bayushi Karetsu walks softly into the hall, his hands held still by his sides. While attempting to move as little as possible, or indeed draw any attention at all, the courtier edged toward the dias until he could take a seat. All the while, his eyes never appeared to leave the entrance to the garden. Fortunately, he was able to make his way without tripping over his feet.

Hatred
goblin
goblin

Postby Hatred » Mon May 28, 2012 4:07 am

With war like sharpness and efficiency Hida Ryoku strides into the Great Hall with a look of determination on his face. He quickly assesses the hall and notes that its is mostly empty save for a few samurai of which he recognises the seated two Lion. Hida Ryoku heads over to them and takes a place next them.

Akodo Kotaro and Matsu Tama, it is an honour to see you once again.
Cial agus neart

SG: SGT. Taggart
ZEP: Zedahdiah Nietzsche
L5R: Hida Ryoku

unspoken
goblin
goblin

Postby unspoken » Mon May 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Gliding into the room like it was but a walk in the fields, kitsuki kohei flows towards the dias. Upon seeing it empty a smile crosses his face and he quickly moves towards the other seated samurai bowing as he breaks their vision.
Chimera:- Kitsuki Kohei

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 pm

The commotion from the gardens seems to getting louder as you see the Emperor and the Emerald Champion stride into the room and seat themselves upon the dais.

The rest of the court, gathered in small groups, seem to be quietly gossiping as they too take their places in the great hall.

Wilky
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Wilky » Tue May 29, 2012 6:28 am

As the procession enters the great hall Doji Satsume ushers over a servant.

“Have some tea prepared for the Emperor and myself.”

The servant servant quickly scurries off into the crowd as the Emperor and the Emerald Champion step onto the dais.

Taking his seat by the Emperor, Satsume spends a moment making himself comfortable before addressing the court.

“If there are any other samurai that wish the honour of presenting themselves to the son of heaven, let them step forward now.”
Knowledge constrained by morality is ignorance. Seek your truths, however unpleasant.

Stormcaller
goblin
goblin

Postby Stormcaller » Tue May 29, 2012 7:43 am

Having arrived while the Emperor was not present, Asako Shinji stands off to one side, as the Lion clan seem to have taken a commanding position in the middle, awaiting the Emperor's pleasure.

At an appropriate juncture, he catches the Emperor attention and steps forward. Just in front of the dais, he makes he obsience to the Emperor:

"Otenno-sama, I am honoured that you offered me a personal invitation to attend this Winter Court. I hope to live up to your expectations."

Storyteller
Night Dragon

Postby Storyteller » Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 am

Akodo Kotaro nods in greeting to the Hida, but does not speak.

He raises an eyebrow ever so slightly at the Asako presenting himself, but says nothing and continues to wait for his turn.
-----

Brad wrote:Assume Story knows nothing.

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 am

The Emperor smiles, nodding his head.

'Thank you for attending Asako-san. It is good to see that the Phoenix were able to spare you for the winter. Please take the time to enjoy the pleasures that a court can provide.'

He snaps his fan shut and taps it on his chin,

'Perhaps later we will see you display your skills in the courtly arts, yes?'

reaching out and taking his tea cup, he sips at the warm liquid refreshment while waiting for the next samurai to converse with.

Return to “Winter Court - Shiro sano Kakita”