Winter Court 1120 - Shiro sano Kakita - Outside

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Re: Winter Court 1120 - Shiro sano Kakita - Outside

Postby Ace » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 am

The town holds several public shrines and temples, for the pious peasant and samurai alike.
Each is well cared for, and although perhaps not exquisite as those in the Imperial capitol, each is certainly in possession of its own unique beauty.

The shrines to the Fortunes of Benten and Fukurokujin are prominent and located neaby the main thouroughfares. These are obviously visited frequently by samurai, as the nearby buildings also cater to samurai caste - inns and teahouses and other establishments of the finest quality are found here.

The more humble shrines, honouring Hotei and Ebisu, are located in correspondingly humble areas, but these are still very well designed and kept. Even this deep in winter, scores of peasants make their way along the muddy streets to make their offerings to the Fortunes of contentment and hard work.

LisaJane
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby LisaJane » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:14 am

After she has walked a few minutes away from the gates of Shiro sano Kakita, Matsu Tama begins to loosen up and her shoulders relax. She heads quickly into the town and approaches the first Temple she comes across, which happens to be to the fortune, Benten. She heads quickly inside and proceeds to follow the expected reverence to the fortune (bowing before the dias, lighting incense if some is provided, sitting quietly in prayer and meditation etc). Once she feels she has been suitably respectful, she takes a few steps back from the dais and out of the way, surveying the temple to see if there is monks she could speak to without being a nuisance, or if there is anywhere that looks like the type of place a samurai would wait if they wanted to speak to someone.
Zeppelin Organiser

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:24 am

The monks at the shrine of Benten are attentive and respectful.
Several can be seen carrying our the daily maintenance and chores around the buildings, sweeping snow off the flagstones, etc.

One nun of indeterminant years has been feeding birds in the garden, and notices Tama's hesitation. The woman comes over as Tama is looking for somewhere to wait. She bows gracefully, and smiles as she does so.
"O-samurai-ko, may I help you with something? Are you looking for someone, the abbess maybe?"

LisaJane
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby LisaJane » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:23 am

Mastu Tama Bows neatly to the nun.
"please forgive my interruption. I am not familiar with this city and I was hoping to find someone that could help me find a temple to or someone with a close devotion to Jurojin. I was hoping to arrange a blessing. I was not sure of the best place to look."
Zeppelin Organiser

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 am

"The shrine to Fukurokujin? Why yes, I can show you there. It is not far, not far at all.""
The nun gestures back toward the city.

As she leads the way, the nun says kindly but somewhat impertinently, "You are seeking the blessing of the Fortune of Longevity? Such a young and healthy lady as yourself, surely you can't be in need of his aid..."
The samurai’s only measure of worth is his honour.

LisaJane
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby LisaJane » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 am

"This may be so, but you see my family has a tradition of making Omamori on days when great honor or glory has been bestowed upon us. This day I have had the great honor presenting myself in front of the Emperor." Mastu Tama' expresses with pure amazement and pride on her face.
"I presented him with a gift of an Omamori blessed by Jurojin which she made, the day she had the honour of meeting Emperor Hantei XXXV. He told me, he would have me keep it, so that I may live the long life that the youth of his people deserve to have. But I assured him that if he were to accept my gift I would create my own Omamori. I will ask it to be blessed Jurojin also."
Zeppelin Organiser

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:16 pm

The nun directs Matsu Tama to the small shrine of Fukurokujin.

The monk who is there assists the young Matsu in whatever assistance that she requires.

LisaJane
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby LisaJane » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:14 am

Once she has received her blessing from the monk and thanked him graciously, and making an offering in return, Matsu Tama heads back to Shiro sano Kakita. She heads back to her rooms to freshen up and then heads back to the great hall, in search of Akodo Kage.
Zeppelin Organiser

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 am

A Gong is sounded letting all in attendance know that dinner is about to be set before the Topaz Championship commences.
The samurai’s only measure of worth is his honour.

Return to “Winter Court - Shiro sano Kakita”