Discussions L5R

Tree frog
Dryad

Discussions L5R

Postby Tree frog » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:31 am

After reading through what has been put about the clans, are those people listed going to be actually played in game or are they just backdrop infomation..
Also as does it have any bias to females becoming fighters or family heads, as so far have not seen any females listed really...
Tree
Where kindness fails money usually succeeds

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Re: Discussions L5R

Postby Ace » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:18 am

Treefrog has asked a very pertinent question about gender roles in Rokugan.

I had intended to post on this in the background section sometime in the future. I will accelerate this timeline and make it my next post.

The very short answer is no, gender forms no barrier to women becoming warriors and leaders in Rokugan - there are dozens of famous female samurai. There are all sorts of traditions about women that vary between the families and clans. I will address that in detail in my gender related post.
However players are welcome to play female characters as warriors (bushi), priests (shugenja) or courtiers, with no restrictions.

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:26 am

Treefrog's other question:
Tree frog wrote:After reading through what has been put about the clans, are those people listed going to be actually played in game or are they just backdrop infomation..

The Clan personalities information posted is designed to do two things.

First, to introduce characters of note, mostly leaders and family heads whom PCs may have heard about in the world. We don't expect everyone to memorise everything we post, but it might be useful to know about the bigwigs in your own clan. Any of these characters may appear as NPCs, then again, they may not, depending on where the story goes.
(If you are interested in volunteering to play a particular NPC, let us know.)

Second, to highlight differences in our setting to the more familiar setting known by those who have played the tabletop RPG and card game. We will have a large number of well known personalities from the 'traditional' L5R setting, but this is an AU, so not everything will be as players may expect.

I hope this answers your question - let us know if you have any more queries!

Tree frog
Dryad

Postby Tree frog » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:16 am

Thank you to both questions...
Where kindness fails money usually succeeds

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Postby Ace » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:14 am

Hi Treefrog and everyone else

We have begun publishing more background information on Rokugan in a separate thread in the Rules discussion are.
Game specific information, e.g. current affairs and Clan details, will continue to be posted in the 'Out of Character' threads. The Rules discussions threads will be more general information on Rokugan as a whole.

Please continue to ask questions or discuss these posts. Especially if there is a particular area of interest, as Treefrog has done.

Return to “L5R Rules Discussion”