The Topaz Championship

Shamoth
Dracolich

The Topaz Championship

Postby Shamoth » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:10 am

This event has been fully booked out for player spots.

I am disappoint.
"The name is Matsu Tomokata.... Matsu Tomokata Matsu Tomokata."
---
This disclaimer has been automatically added.

Ace
LARP Org Admin
LARP Org Admin

Re: The Topaz Championship

Postby Ace » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 am

Sorry to you, Shamoth, and everyone who could not attend the Conquest event.
We chose to hold bookings for the first weekend event at Conquest, so that we could receive deposits easily and provide information for players in a face-to-face manner. We did have the intention of opening bookings online after the Conquest event.

We had more than thirty participants at Conquest, which was fantastic. But what was completely unexpected (at least by me!) was the overwhelming enthusiam from all of these players for our continuing LARP events.
The player spots were booked, then overbooked, and then completely booked out within half an hour of announcing the opening of bookings. We did expand our player numbers after receiving another volunteer GM, and we still were booked out!
Some very generous players even chose to give up their player spots to NPC for us, but those spots were instantly booked up.

We know that there are still a number of people out there who would like to attend but have not booked.
We are happy to take more NPCs, and those that NPC will be granted preference for booking at the subsequent event. NPCs also get more CP than players at the same event.

Those who have volunteered to NPC will also form a 'waiting list' - that is if a player pulls out, we will offer the player spot to the NPCs first.
If you would like to go on the 'waiting list', but not as an NPC, please email chimeraproductions@hotmail.com. You would then be offered a spot after the NPC volunteers have had the option.

We are planning a second weekend event later in 2012, but the date is yet to be confirmed. Information on this event will be posted as soon as possible.

We have strong reasons to limit player numbers. The reasons are all about delivering a good game for all participants. Despite the enthusiam of players, we feel that if we are overwhelmed with player numbers, the game experience will suffer for everyone. I hope that everyone - both those who are booked, and those who are not - will appreciate this.

Azrael
Orc
Orc

Postby Azrael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 am

What were the final results for the events that made it into the Topaz Championship? I saw the mixed skirmish (allowing magic) got a bit of support behind it.
L5R Chimera: Doji Tenkawa.

Guile
LARP Org Mod
LARP Org Mod

Postby Guile » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Perhaps that would be a question to find out in character rather than out of character?
The samurai’s only measure of worth is his honour.

Lilian C.
goblin
goblin

Postby Lilian C. » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 am

I'm more than happy to NPC for this event.
Now known as Kitsune.

Return to “Out of Character L5R Chat”